Monday, April 19, 2010

Great dinner at Fire Box


Once again, we had a scrumptious dinner at Fire Box in Hartford.
We ate in the bar which is a beautiful space- exposed old brick and wood beams, huge vaulted ceilings and cool lighting- a pleasure to be in. We started with a luscious large glass of red, although Wed night is $5 mohitos, I'll have that next time! I began with the starlight garden organic salad with blood oranges, (I love that combo) toasted pistachios, pecorino and a delicate champagne vinaigrette. Then I moved onto a chickpea gnocchi with fiddlehead ferns, grilled
ramp leaves and crispy chickpeas(toasted?) -to die for! They specialize in Farm to Table- amazing, fresh local produce perfectly prepared. As a bonus it was jazz night, GOZA was performing, a Latin and Brazilian jazz band http://www.guitarnebula.com/MasterFrameset.html
Serendipity. I highly recommend it! Enjoy!

No comments: